On our farm providing the best animal care possible to our girls is our number one priority. Every day, we devote our lives to our farm and the animals that are in our care.
To read more about animal care on our farm, please check out the following blog posts:
- Yes, we take calves away from their mothers.
- Miracle of Life: Birth of Twin Heifers
- Bovine Earrings, Animal Identification
- Disbudding Dairy Calves
- What Happens to Dairy Bull Calves?
- A Tale of Two Missing Calves
- Average Age of a Dairy Cow
- How do dairy farmers deal with the loss of life?
- Cows are domesticated animals that do not belong in the wild.
- Saying Good-bye on a Monday– When Cows Leave the Farm
- What do dairy cows eat?
- Are dairy cows constantly pregnant?
- How long are dairy cows milked for each day?
- A Veterinarian’s Role on Our Farm
- One of our cows had surgery and I survived! (story of a twisted stomach)
- Down Cow Care
- “Dry Cow” Care
- Nose Ring Use in Cattle
Misc. & General Care:
- Why Our Farm is Not Organic
- Dairy Farm Hoof Care: Hoof Trimmer Perspective
- Cow Pedicures
- Bovine Laundry
- Keeping Cows Clean
- Are Conventional Dairy Farms Regulated?
- Dairy FARM Inspection
- Farm Inspections– State & Federal Inspections
If you have any questions that were not answered here, please let me know!