I have been following The Wright Place on Facebook for a while now, recently discovered they were on Instagram. A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of meeting Caleigh & Andrew in Texas at a joint annual meeting. I look forward to getting to know this family more and hope you do as well.
1. What is the name of your farm? The Wright Place, LLC
2. When was your farm established? It was established in 1950.
3. What generation are you? I am the 4th generation.
4. Where is your farm located? Clinton, Maine (central Maine)
5. How many cows are you currently milking? We are currently milking 700 cows with a total of 1,400 cattle.
6. What are you thankful for in regards to your dairy farm or the dairy industry AND why?
I’m most thankful for the opportunity to live a life that I love. I don’t want to say that I love my job, because it’s not just a job, it is a way of life. When you love what you do you never work a day in your life, and I’m lucky enough to be able to say that I will never “work.” Farming is definitely a hard way to make s living, but there’s nothing that I’m more passionate about. I whole heartedly agree with that George Washington quote, “Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful and most noble employment of man.”
Latest posts by Krista Stauffer (see all)
- Must Have Books for a Horse Crazy Child - January 13, 2018
- A Look Back at 2017 - January 1, 2018
- Does Dairy Belong in a Balanced Diet During Pregnancy? - November 30, 2017
- Farm Feature: Mesman Farm - July 28, 2017