I am happy to introduce to you Bobbi and Patrick Frost of Harrold’s Dairy. Although they are located in Oregon, they are also part of Northwest Dairy Association and served as the delegate couple for our young cooperative program with us this year. Bobbi was recently features by Slate, click here to read the article.
1. What is the name of your farm? The name of our farm is Harrold’s Dairy.
2. When was your farm established? Our farm was established in 1946.
3. What generation are you? We are the 4th generation.
4. Where is your farm located? Our farm is located in Cresswell, Oregon.
5. How many cows are you currently milking? We are currently milking 450 cows.
6. What are you thankful for in regards to your dairy farm or the dairy industry AND why?
The thing I am most thankful for, is a family who welcomed me home with open arms and did everything they could to make sure there was a job for me here. I am eternally grateful for the generations that came before me and all of the hard work and fiscal responsibility they put forward to make sure there was a still a chance for me to farm today. The thing I love about farming is that what you put in is what you get out, and that is very refreshing for a young person trying to make their way. It’s also nice that it is family oriented. Some of the salesman and people we work with have been doing the same thing since I was a kid and now they get to help me make farming decisions. It’s nice to work with people who helped your Dad make similar decisions in the past and can help guide you down the right path.